Monday, September 1, 2008

AHHHH! I need to catch up!

Well, I haven't been doing a great job of posting. But, better late than never.


Since my last post we've moved. So I've been a little busy. We leased our house and were planning to move to Arizona, but decided to stay here instead. So, we've moved up the road. We are actually only three houses down from where our house is, but since there is a lot of acreage in between we can't even see our house, but I drive by it almost everyday. 
The house we've moved into is an older house, but it is very nice and we are comfortable. It sits on a wooded 20 acre lot and has stables (It's on the market, so if anyone is interested, let me know). Anyway, the boys are having a great time running around and exploring. I like it here a lot myself.


AUGUST 2008

ZACH TURNS FIVE
Zach had a birthday on the 3rd, and had his first "real" birthday party. He informed his preschool teacher last year that he hadn't ever had a birthday party, and she let me know just much he wanted one. Well, for the record we have celebrated his birthday with family and I thought that counted, but I guess not. Anyway, we had his birthday party at one of those places with giant blow-up bouncy toys. It was great they took care of almost everything. They take pictures, they provide the paper plates, drinks, they clean up. But, they don't do the birthday cake. WHAT?? The party was planned and had right in the middle of our move, and somehow I missed it when they said you need to bring your own cake. Thank goodness Wal-mart is only a short drive away. Zach never even knew I was gone. Shhh, don't tell him.


SCHOOL STARTS
Our lives are back on a structured schedule. Jimmy, Sonny, and Sam started the new school year on August 11th. I can't believe this is Jimmy's last year of Elementary school. Yikes! So we have a 5th grader, a 3rd grader, a 1st grader and one in Kindergarten. Zach just started school last week. He goes to a little private half-day school. They are all loving school, not so much the homework, but they love going to school. The bus picks them up at the end of our driveway at 7:10 am and drops them off at 2:45. I take Zach to school at 8:30 (well, I try) and pick him up at 1:00. 
What am I doing with all that time? 
Well, I'll probably get some laundry done, and clean the house a little, run some errands.
I've also joined a tennis team. I've been taking lessons for about a year and it's time to move on to the next level. Technically, our first match is next week, but I won't be in town for it(sorry to my team). So, my first match is in two weeks, we'll see how it goes. Anyway, the tennis will take up two of my mornings and then I'm volunteering at our elementary school once a week. I think that should keep me from missing my kids too much while they're away.






1 comments:

Danielle said...

How cute - I was going to leave you a nasty comment on the 4th of July post - saying if you had time to join facebook you surely have time to update your blog! I love the pictures!